Piling and Civil Australia has been selected to work on an element of the Snowy Mountain Hydro Electricity Scheme by Transgrid. This is a very challenging project located above the snow line in a remote section of the National Park called Geehi.
The projects scope is diverse including:
- Removal of the existing security fencing
- Widening and repairing access tracks
- Relocation and removal of 5000 cubic meters of fill
- Construction of capping beams and drains
- Construction Permanent Fencing
- Shotcrete shoring walls
- Earth anchors to RMS specification
- 900mm diameter Bored piles
- Cased Micropiles
PCA are thrilled to be awarded this challenging project that utilises a very broad range of civil skills all being conducted by PCA. PCA’s experience in both remote work and work under live 132KVA transmission lines contributed significantly to the tender award.